Saturday, September 13, 2008

You Only Live Once, So Make It The Best

Today, I think I am finally starting to realize that I am not going to live forever. I know, 21 is way to young an age to be thinking about that, but with the recent tragedy that has shocked our town, I see it more clearly now. A man only a year older than me passed away yesterday due to injuries he sustained in a motorcycle/car accident. I went to school with him, he was only a grade ahead of me. He was a good guy, always had a lot of friends around him, and his family was extremely supportive of him. It's just an awful thing, I wouldn't want to be his family right now. That was probably the most difficult decision of their lives. But it's certainly put my life in perspective. I keep thinking what would happen if I woke up one day and someone I held very dear to me was gone. What would I say? How would I even think about going on? It makes me feel bad for ever holding a grudge or ever saying a word out of anger. I'm so glad that we have such a forgiving God, that will accept us no matter what we do, if we just ask Him for His forgivness. I know Patrick is in a much better place now. He is no longer in pain or suffering. I know that whatever I write here will never bring him back, but just know that he is safe and in the arms of God. RIP Patrick, you will be missed.

0 comments: