When I was little I NEVER thought we'd make it to the year 2000, let alone the year 2009! (haha) It makes me feel incredibly old, but incredibly lucky to have made it this far. I don't have too much to say about the year 2008 except that all in all it was a good year. Made new friends, lost a couple old ones(sad, but needed), tried new things, and fell deeper in love with the greatest guy I've ever known. I went to three different states(Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Michigan).
But also with a great year comes great sadness as well. One of my very good friends had a baby in February who was stillborn and it was incredibly tragic. That was one of the worst things I ever went through in my life. I just couldn't even possibly imagine how she must have felt, it still tugs at my heartstrings and I think it always will. She's due with a little boy in March and I pray that God lets her keep this one.
I also lost my great-uncle, and even though I never really knew him, it was hard because my dad was extremely close to him.
One of my former schoolmates also lost her father. He was one of the nicest guys ever. Great coach, great father, great friend, & a great Christian. I can't even begin to imagine what those girls are going through, but they are very strong and they have totally inspired me.
And last but not least, the passing of Patrick came as a shock to EVERYONE that knew and loved him. He was only 23 years old, had so much life ahead of him, had a fiance(well he had planned on asking her to marry him three weeks later), a family who adored him, and friends who stuck by him until the very end. It was a very sad ordeal, indeed.
I pray for each and everyone of the people affected by these deaths every day. They are in my heart forever.
Now onto 2009...
Some things that I'm looking forward to this year:
Keyton's first birthday(my friend's little boy, my little buddy lol)
Brianna turning 18(makes me feel old!)
Brianna's graduation(REALLY makes me feel old! lol)
Chanda's wedding(so happy for her!)
Lauren's wedding(bout dang time! haha)
My birthday(22, my fave number lol)
Two years with Charles!(Best two years ever!)
Charles turning 21 (haha lordy!)
Jenna turning 21(good times lol)
Possible road trip to Georgia (I hope soooo)
All the holidays too cause they're fun :)
My resolutions:
1. To LOSE weight!!!
2. To be a better Christian
3. To go to church more often
4. To be a better girlfriend
5. To be a better person in general.
2008 was certainly interesting, I think 2009 will be even better! Sorry this post got so long...if you read it at least comment it :)
Love you all,


0 comments:
Post a Comment